The Yi 4K action camera was manufactured in China by Xiaomi. It was released in 2016.
This action camera is very light and compact, which is convenient when you want to film your sports activities. It allows for 4K/30FPS recording for up to 2 hours of continuous video streaming. It also has excellent electronic image stabilisation. If you lower the image quality a little, you will get a better autonomy (about 8 hours).
You can connect your camera to your smartphone with the Yi action app and control it. The application is completely free.
- Sensor: 12 Mpx, Sony IMX377,
- Processor: Ambarella A9SE75,
- Sensitivity: Auto to ISO 6,400,
- Power supply : 4.4V lithium-ion battery of 1 400 mAh,
- Battery life: 2 hours of 4K/30FPS video,
- Wi-Fi: Broadcom BCM43340 dual band, 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4/5GHz,
- Stabilisation: electronic,
- LCD screen: 2.19 inches, touch screen,
- Memory: micro SD card,
- Dimensions : W42 * H65 * D21 mm,
- Weight: 89g,
Where to find it and at what price?
This device is very common. You will find it between 200 and 270€ new on Amazon or between 100 and 190€ second hand on Rakuten.